I absolutely love blueberries but for some reasons recently, I hate eating them raw but love eating them when they've been "melted" compote style. This compote works great with bircher because it will add some warm for the cold winter morning. I always add a spoon of the Hazelnut coco in between the bircher and the compote to add sweetness and deliciousness to the whole thing.
Enjoy and let me know what you think !!
- Handful of blueberries (around 120g).
- Few spoons of water
- Clear runny Honey
- Cinnamon or Gingerbread spice blend.
1. Put all the blueberries with splashes of water (the blueberries should NOT be submerged in water) in a pan until it starts bubbling.
2. When it's bubbling, add the spices and the honey and lower the heat.
3. Let it simmer for approximately 10 minutes while stirring once in a while. You want some of the blueberries to be bursting and other to still be somewhat whole.
4. Remove from the pan from the heat and let it rest a little bit, the texture will be less liquid.