I decided to share more savoury recipe and this one is a winner and my new go-to ! It's all about the sauce and how long you cook the aubergine, they are so gooey and the mix of flavours is amazing. Ideal for hosting dinner parties as it can be made in big batches and usually a win ! It's also even better the day after when stored in the fridge.
Stay in the flow !
- 2 Aubergines
- 2 Spring onions
- 3tbs Olive oil
For the sauce:
- 3tbs miso
- 4tbs honey (maple syrup works too)
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1tbs sriracha sauce (chilli powder or flakes can work too)
- 3/4 tbs soy sauce depending on taste
- 1 small lemon squeeze
1. Preheat oven 180 degrees.
2. Slice the aubergine into "wedges" (forms does not matter that much to be honest), depending on your styles.
3. Place them on an oven tray and mix them with olive oil and a bit salt. (Try to spread the olive oil as much as possible)
4. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the sauce
5. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
6. When the aubergine is cooked, mix the sauce with the aubergines wedges and make sure ever part is well coated in, mix very well.
7. Put back in the oven for another 15/20 minutes. Mix again half-way through.
8. Take out of the oven, top with 3 spoons of almond coco, sesame seeds and cut spring onions.