Milan is a city where one has to know where to go to fall in love with it!
Here are our best picks, coming from an ex-local and a Milano-lover: the best pastas & pizzas, where to "feel" the city, the hidden gems,...
Before we start, a couple of extra tips from us to you:
- If you come by plane, we strongly recommend for you to land in Linate, it is so much closer to the city than Malpensa.
- To get a taxi, our best tip is to text Taxi Milano on WhatsApp the following number: +39 333 889 855. You will just have to send a message with your current location and they will come within 5 minutes.
- Aperitivo time is Italians favorite time of the day, where you will be able to enjoy an Aperol Spritz with complementary snacks. Starts at around 6pm.
- Be aware of the "free-bracelet scam" when you visit touristic streets
- Two days in Milan is enough, and if you have more days, we recommend for you to go to the lakes around (di Garda, Como, Maggiore) for a day trip
- Book whenever possible, restaurants get full pretty fast.
- The streets are paved so we recommend to take a good pair of shoes to easily stroll around
- Marchesi 1824 - there are a couple but this one is our favorite
- Via Santa Maria alla Porta, 11/a, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
🎠 AM activity
- Villa Necchi - this art-deco house is to die for. You will find a beautiful private architectural gem from the 1930's, designed by Piero Portaluppi
- Via Mozart, 14, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
- Walk around Brera/Moscova - a pretty walk around Milan's oldest and most charming neighbourhood. You will also find a couple of amazing concept store with Italy's finest pieces.
- From the Duomo, towards Corso Garibaldi
- La Prosciutteria - there are a two but this one is our favorite.
- Corso Garibaldi, 55, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Lubar - beautiful romantic architecture. They have the best parmigiana!
- Via Palestro, 16, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Dal Bolognese - the inside court is to die for, and so is the pasta!
- Via Amedei, 8, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
🏛️ PM activity
- Fondazione Prada - a must!
L.go Isarco, 2, 20139 Milano MI, Italy
- Walk around Navigli
- Navigli is known for its vitage shops, and is the home of many students given the proximity to Bocconi University. Moreover, it is a popular party neighbourhood
☕ Coffee pit-stop
- Cafezal - lets get real, you can get good coffee anywhere in this city, so do not hesitate to go in any bar and order a strong espresso there. But if you are looking for a cute, speciality coffee vibe, this is for you!
- Via Solferino, 27, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Panika - cool kids of Milan will be found here
- Via Castelfidardo fronte 2, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Flow - a beautiful piazza, perfect for golden hour
- Piazza Borromeo, 5, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
- B-Café - the it-place of Milan, you drink and chat in the streets, its almost an institution
- Via S. Maurilio, 20, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
- ASVN - this is a reaal hidden treasure and my favorite in Milan
- Corso Garibaldi, 41, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- La Gioia - for my cacio e pepe, or as a whole, pasta lovers!
- Via S. Marco, 38, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Dry - trendy and yummy pizza place
- Via Solferino, 33, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- La Libera - authentic restaurant owned by an old man who always dresses in monochrome outifts (yes yes, you can google it!). Their speciality? Everything!
- Via Palermo, 21, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Ceresio 7 - the best (and fancy) rooftop of Milano
- Via Ceresio, 7, 20154 Milano MI, Italy
- N'ombra de Vin - it-winebar and has a strong selection of great wines
- Via S. Marco, 2, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
- Moebius - our favorite cocktail bar and has a great design
- Via Alfredo Cappellini, 25, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
Hope these were helpful! If you have any question, doubts or recommendations, our DM's are always at your disposal 💛