I love miso, I love rice noodles, this was the perfect combo !
For the paste:
3 tbs peanut coco
1 soya sauce (quantity will depend on need)
4 tbs of miso sauce
2 portions of rice noodles
200ml coconut milk
1 little red onion, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves
2 tsps of chilli flakes or red peper
2 Spring onion cut into small pieces
1tbs of sesame seeds
1 little green piment
Roasted cashew (optional)
250g Mushroom (buttons or chestnuts work great)
Any green veggies you want to add :courgette, carrot, broccolli, cauliflower (these last two would need to be cooked before adding to the recipe)
1. Put the red onion and the garlic in one big pan with olive oil and soya sauce and leave to cook for 10 minutes. 5 min in, add chili flakes and sesame seeds.
While this is cooking
2. Start boiling some water for the rice noodles. Add them when the water is ready for the amount of time mentioned on the pack (I always do less because I like the noodles to soak up the sauce later on but you decide for you.
3. In a small bowl, mix the miso sauce with the peanut coco and 1tb of soya sauce, add a little bit of water to create a smooth consistency.
4. When the onion and garlic are cooked, add the mushrooms and let them cook a little bit. Add the other veggies you are using except the spinach.
5. Add the miso-nuccy mixture to the pan, add the coconut milk, chili flakes and green pepper. Mix thoroughly to make sure all the veggies are coated in.
6. Bring this to a boil and then let it simmer, mixing every 4-5 minutes to make sure nothing sticks down.
7. When the noodles are ready, drain them and add them with the veggies straightaway, you need to mix a lot at this point to make sure the sauce is coated with the noodles and they don't stick together only.
8. Continue to simmer for 5-10 mins depending on how liquid you want the dish to be. 2 minutes before serving, add the spring onion, and roasted cashews.
9. Serve hot and enjoy !!!!