I’ve been experimenting to create a vegan crust pie for a while and this one was a success ! The garden of the summer house where I am is full of cherry plum and pear trees so I knew I had to do try and do a pie.
This was such a hit I made three in two days, using all all the cherry plums from the summer garden.
You can re-use the crust recipe as the base for any filling you want !
Enjoy xx ✨
Ingredients for the crust:
- 300g White flour (Gluten free if possible)
- 70g Coconut Oil
- 30g Almond powder
- 40g Coconut sugar
- 2 spoons Maple syrup
- 4 spoons Almond Milk
- 1 spoon Cinnamon
1 pinch of Salt
Ingredients for the filling:
- If you want to to place the cherry plums closer together like in the pic, you will need approximately 130 cherry plums, also pitted and ready to use.
- Pinches of coconut sugar
- Pinches of almond powder
- One tiny pinch of cinnamon
For the crust:
- Combine all the dry ingredients: flour, almond powder, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil for it to be fully liquid and add it to the mix with the almond milk, the maple syrup and 4-5 spoon of cold water depending on the texture. You want something flexible but not too stretchy either and definitely not too sticky.
- Mix it well and form a large bowl. Either work or with a rouleau à tapisserie or our directly in the mould and push it for it to fit and be equitable in the mould.
For the Cherry Plum filling:
- Preheat the oven 180 degrés.
- Once the crust is put in the mould. Add a pinch of coconut sugar, almond powder and cinnamon on the base before starting to put the cherry plum.
- Start aligning the cherry plums and decide which form you want, we do it in circles getting closer and closer to the centre. It takes a long time but it’s almost like a mini meditation so you can either do it alone and be fully in it or do it with some friends and have fun with it !
- We always add more cherry plums if we see a gap for it to be really juicy and bursting with flavour and natural sweetness.
- We add almond powder on top and a tiny pinch of coconut sugar.
- Put in the oven for 25-30 min, the crust around should be golden.
- Let it cool
I love to eat it with the hazelnut coco flow and some vegan ice cream or sorbet !